Content Strategy and Content Marketing Strategy are the Same
What is Content Marketing really? And is a Content Marketing Strategy different than a Content Strategy?
To the second question, NO, there is no difference.
Let us explain our answer to the first question.
There are many definitions given for content marketing, but ours is pretty simple.
The use of any consciously consumed piece of content created to enhance relationships, education and convince with the goal of getting someone to make a decision or take action.
For us this applies to visibility, awareness, lead generation and conversion or sale.
Content Marketing Strategy vs. Content Strategy
We say there isn’t a difference.
But what do others say?
Some say that content marketing strategy is understanding who your audience is, creating your message, have a brand guide and implementing it.
Some say that content strategy is more about channel strategy and the types of content that goes on those channels.
While we agree that both should exist, we also believe they are one in the same and that it goes beyond the content.
What is Content?
Content is a tool to communicate.
We dare you to argue with us on this. We always win!
Content Marketing Strategy
When we create a content marketing strategy we do these things:
- Ask you questions about your business
- Ask you questions about your customers
- Look at your customer data & behavior
- Research the market using search engines
- Research your customers using search engines
- Research the market using social media
- Research your customers using social media
- Identify how your targets consume online
- Develop a channel strategy
- Develop content for each channel
- Optimize content with each channel
- Track, measure and monitor behavior
- Continuously optimize
This is how we think content marketing should be done and we’ve seen it work again and again.
Contact us if you want to learn more or contact us if you want to debate our ideas.