Time Management is Crucial for Project Management
Without time management, your project management efforts will fall short. Time management is crucial to any project manager’s success. Proper time management is using your time effectively and knowing what types of tasks should be done first and what can be done last. That way you’re not burning all your energy on a task that becomes tedious and time-consuming. Tasks that take longer typically require a more focused and set time blocked out on your calendar.
Key Time Management Approaches
Time management is different for everyone. Time management is not just about getting as much done as you can in one day, it is about effectively planning out your day so that you are able to get your work done properly and efficiently without leading to burnout.
Some key approaches are to …
- Set aside a block of time every morning to make a list.
- Block out times on your calendar to dedicate to a specific task.
- Check your email 3 times a day (Begining, Middle, and before the end of the workday.)
- Schedule breaks – Give yourself breathing room. Take a walk or have a snack to re-energize.
- Prioritize your tasks – What takes longer? What needs to be done first? (Hint: Not everything needs to be done first)
Time Management & Taking Care of Yourself
I get it. Sometimes we get caught up in the idea that everything has to be done right away at the same time. Sometimes it gets hard to get away from that concept. However, not allowing yourself to breakdown your day and digest what is going on will lead to burnout. Prioritize your work so that you are able to get those true high priority items done. As a project manager, there will be hectic days and there will be slow days. If needed, you should break down your workload down by the week. Decide what will be the primary focus of each day and knock it out. Make designated times for breaks.
Without proper time management, you can’t be an effective project manager, so Study & Practice, you’ll get better.
If you have Questions Call Us at 314-736-4434
Or Submit your information below