Digital Marketing Trends for 2023
Every year trends either emerge or mature within the digital marketing industry and to know these is power (as long as you act on them). So we want to ensure that the readers of our content and our customers stay up to date on the topics & trends that matter when it comes to digital marketing.
In this article we’ve compiled the top digital marketing trends for 2023 and categorized them by channel to make it easy to see how you can capitalize on these opportunities, increase market share, gain more leads, customers, clients and investors.
SEO Trends for 2023
Search engine optimization (SEO) is an essential component of digital marketing, as it helps businesses and firms get their websites ranked higher on search engine results pages (SERPs) for the keywords, phrases and questions that their customers, clients and investors are searching for.
Here are a handful of SEO trends that you’ll see in 2023:
- With the increasing popularity of smart speakers and voice assistants, voice search is becoming more prevalent. As such, businesses will need to optimize their websites for voice search queries to ensure they appear in the results. This means you’ll need to write answers to more questions that people would possibly ask.
- AI and Machine Learning are becoming more prevalent in SEO, with search engines using these technologies to better understand the intent behind search queries. Businesses can use AI and Machine Learning to analyze user data and identify patterns, which can inform their SEO strategies. To gain access to this you’ll need to subscribe to tools that help do this for you. Or work with agencies that use these tools.
- Local search has always been at the top of the list for importance (even for national companies that don’t think they rely on local search), but it is becoming even more important, as buyers and investors are increasingly using their mobile devices to search for businesses and firms. Businesses will need to optimize their websites for local search queries to ensure they appear in the results.
- Featured snippets are becoming more prevalent in search results, as they provide users with quick answers to their queries. Businesses can optimize their content for featured snippets by providing clear and concise answers to common questions related to their industry.
Google Ads Trends for 2023
Google Ads is one of the most popular advertising platforms and one of the most effective, allowing businesses and firms to place ads on Google search results pages and other websites. It’s powerful because these ads only show to customers, clients or investors looking for the product or service you offer.
Listed below are the primary Google Ads trends you’ll encounter this year
- Google Ads is becoming more automated, with businesses able to use machine learning algorithms to optimize their ad campaigns. This includes automating bid management, ad creation, and targeting.
- Video ads are becoming more prevalent and more impactful across the Google Ad Network, with businesses and firms able to place video ads on YouTube and other websites. Video ads can be a highly effective way to engage with users and promote products or services.
- As with SEO, local advertising is becoming more important on Google Ads. Businesses can use location targeting to ensure their ads are shown to users in their area.
- Interactive ads are becoming more prevalent on Google, with businesses able to create ads that allow users to engage with their brand in a more meaningful way. This can include quizzes, games, and other interactive elements. Unfortunately for most businesses these can take up a lot of time and may not present the level of ROI you are looking for.
LinkedIn Ads Trends for 2023
In 2023 LinkedIn is Hot! For B2B, Finance and Service based industries, we’re seeing the most success related to advertising come out of this channel. The great thing about LinkedIn Ads is the ability to target buyers and investors using job titles, companies, seniority, location and more. This gives you a high level of targeting accuracy.
These are the main LinkedIn Ad trends you will find this year in 2023
- Video ads are becoming more prevalent on LinkedIn, with businesses able to place video ads on LinkedIn feeds and other pages. While they can take more time, work and budget to get created they are more engaging and will help get you more attention on the platform.
- Personalization is becoming more important on LinkedIn. It generates better results. By using ad types such as Message Ads or Conversational Ads you can highly personalize your ads to each contact at scale.
- LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly popular platform for lead generation, with businesses able to use LinkedIn Ads to capture leads directly from the platform. Not everyone wants to leave the platform so this gives them the chance to not leave but still give their information to you if they are interested.
Analytics Trends for 2023
If you aren’t using Analytics in your marketing to track & measure marketing performance then you need to Start Now! The truth is most businesses, firms and organizations have this in place, but many aren’t really using it. It’s important to put this to work, but let’s look at the trends surrounding analytics below.
Here are a few Analytics trends that are going to emerge in 2023:
- Companies will start paying attention to marketing analytics. Most companies aren’t really looking at their numbers at all, but that will be changing this year.
- A focus on aggregated KPIs will be used more to increase efficiency. Most “Best Practice” proponents talk about tracking & measuring in the most granular of ways, but while it’s great to have access to that data, it is time consuming and overwhelming to review it at that level for most businesses and the ROI just isn’t there.
- Google Analytics 4. Need we say more? On July 1, 2023 Google will stop processing traffic on it’s Universal Analytics product (or GA3), so you’ll have to make the switch (hopefully you already have) and will need to get used to the new GA4 interface.
Be on the lookout for these digital marketing trends as they relate to your business and consider taking action on some to make better decisions, get ahead of the competition, increase traffic, leads, sales and investment.
If You Are Looking to Focus on Getting More Visibility, Traffic, Leads, Sales or Have Questions, Call Us at 866-357-7422
Or Submit your information below