Google Mobile Update
On April 21, 2015 Google will be rolling out their mobile update.
What this means for you, your business & your website is:
If your website is not mobile friendly it will suffer in the mobile search results on Google.
- Google will assess your websites mobile friendliness on a page by page basis
- Your site will need to either be:
- Responsive – adjusting to the size of the browser window / viewport efficiently
- Mobile Site or Pages – having specific pages only for mobile (m.domain.com)
- Dynamically Serving – serves the correct code once the device type is identified
- Google will significantly weigh image load time
- You should not be using small text or flash
You can find out if your site is Mobile Friendly by using this tool provided by Google: Google Mobile Friendly Test
Check out the infographic below that visually explains what you will need to do to win in the mobile search results.